Monday, February 8, 2010

Staying Motivated

Even with the hope of a New Year it isn't easy to stay motivated. This week I lost a very big design project, they gave it to the contractors designer. Wow what a surprise that was when I didn't even know the contractor had a designer bidding for the job. It is not necessarily about your ideas or how well you connected with the client but it is about who you know, that is just the cold hard truth.

So you pick yourself up dust yourself off and move on to the next potential client. For me it is not trying to figure out what I did wrong which is always my first thought, but it is about how I can stay motivated.

A few of the things I do is stay current with new design materials, styles and trends. Anytime I can attend seminars on information or education in the design industry it is important to me to fit that into my already busy schedule. I show up to my weekly networking groups it is an opportunity to build those relationships, remember it is not what you know but who you know.

I find new way's to better myself as a person, by doing at least one charity project. giving back is very important you will find the more you give the more you get back.

Any questions or comments please feel free to contact me at valeriepugliese@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment